Our cottages4you Green Scheme identifies holiday cottages where the owners have taken extra steps to be kinder to the environment. We’ve established our new Green Cottages scheme by identifying holiday homes with features which help them make less impact on the environment. We encourage our owners to think sustainably, but we also make sure cottages remain warm and comfortable. We look at the impact on the environment of each cottage with regards to energy, pollution, information, water, wildlife and landscape, purchasing and promote beneficial features, such as renewable energy. The owners which have taken part in this scheme have completed our on line self-assessment, looking at things like helping save energy with extra insulation, A-rated appliances, recycling and promoting recycling to customers, and the provision of information about local facilities and car-free days out. We give practical advice to holiday home owners on how to make small improvements for a greener future.
Below is an overview of what that criteria involves.
We understand how important and precious our environment is and not only do we encourage our owners and customers to be ‘green’, we also follow our own advice. We make every effort in preserving our fragile world, from recycling to car share schemes and cycle to work events. Operating our business in a socially and environmentally friendly manner makes good business sense!
The following summarises our commitment.
We are members of Travelife for Business which is a fair system to help tour operators and travel agencies manage and improve social and environmental impacts by complying with the sustainability criteria.
We will monitor and minimise our waste production and reuse as much as possible.
We will recycle as much as possible.
We will use Forestry Stewardship Council 100% recycled paper internally and in our publication.
We will ensure that we use energy responsibly in our business operations and buildings.
We will encourage fuel economy and minimising emissions by employee car sharing wherever possible.
We will promote best practice to our owners.
We will support local suppliers wherever practicable.
Cottages awarded with the Green Award can be easily identified by this logo.
1. These terms and conditions should be read with the Booking Conditions and insurance information in our brochures or on our website. Especially note Sections 2, 4 and 7 of the Booking Conditions
2. Offer applies only to bookings for 2014 which are booked before 13th April 2014.
3. The low deposit payable under this offer is £25.
4. Does not apply to properties that sleep 10 or more.
5. The difference between the £25 low deposit and the usual deposit shown in our main brochure or website is payable with the balance payment, which we must receive no later than 8 weeks before your booking starts, or at the time of cancellation if you cancel your booking. This payment will include all applicable charges as detailed on your booking confirmation, including any insurance premiums and any Ferry costs. If payment is not received in full on time, we can treat your booking as cancelled by you for a non-refundable reason. If this happens, you will be responsible for cancellation charges (as shown in our main brochure or our website) including any deferred Booking Fee, Personal Travel Insurance and Ferry crossings that you have chosen to buy, all of which must be paid immediately..
6. Not available with any other offer except offers featured in our main brochure.
7. Depending on popularity and property availability, this offer may be extended or withdrawn.