"Charming cottages situated in a scenic holiday location, which form an ideal base from which to explore the stunning scenery of the North Yorkshire Coast..."
Killerby Old Hall and its 7 cottages are ideal for a countryside holiday whilst being less than 2 miles from the beach of Cayton Bay. Guests can enjoy the nature reserve and lake area, or relax in the indoor heated swimming pool. The accommodation ranges from the Old Hall, sleeping 10 in period splendour, through to cosy Crow’s Nest which sleeps 2. Set in a pretty courtyard, each cottage is different yet has its own sitting-out area with patio furniture and BBQ.
Killerby Old Hall is situated between the coastal resorts of family friendly Filey, with its cobble landing and pretty promenade, and Scarborough, with its vibrant South Bay and naturally picturesque North Bay, located on part of Britain’s heritage coast. The Stephen Joseph Theatre, famed throughout the county, puts on a number of Alan Aykbourn productions. To the north, across the stunning North Yorkshire Moors, lies the port of Whitby; famous for its connections to Captain James Cook and Dracula. Robin Hood’s Bay, a former fishing village with a smugglers past, has quaint streets which lead visitors to a small, sandy cove and rock pools. Heading inland, find the historic market town of Pickering, where the famous North Yorkshire Moors steam train begins its journey. Access Dalby Forest through the attractive village of Thornton-le-Dale and be sure to stop for an ice cream. The forest offers a range of activities including mountain bike tracks, or for those feeling adventurous there is Go Ape. It is also a popular picnic destination which is surrounded by walks that the whole family can enjoy. Travel a little further afield to Castle Howard with its stunning house and grounds. The ancient, Roman walled city of York sits just an hour up the A64, a famously haunted city with many attractions such as the railway museum, river trips and excellent shopping. To the south along the coast, the Cleveland Way leads to dramatic Flamborough Head and the Bempton RSPB Sanctuary. The village of Cayton is a 500 yard stroll, with its pub, post office and shop. Full amenities are just over 4 miles away in Scarborough. Shop and pub 500 yards.
A 16th-century Grade II listed manor house retaining many original features including corniced ceilings, Georgian sash windows with original character shutters and window seats overlooking the gardens. Enter through the stained glass door into the large entrance hall with wide staircase and original oak spindled banisters. Light and airy living room with dual-aspect windows and electric ‘coal-effect’ fire. Traditionally furnished, beamed dining room with ‘living-flame’ gas fire. Each with window seats and shutters. Spacious farmhouse-style kitchen with dining area, large range cooker and granite worktops. Well-stocked library with open fire in inglenook and many antique books. Lower ground floor: Games room with pool table. Fitness room with multi-gym, sauna, shower cubicle and toilet. Wide staircase from entrance hall to first floor: Beamed double bedroom with four-poster bed and en-suite shower room with toilet. Double bedroom with 5ft bed, original panelled walls and en-suite shower room (no toilet). Further double bedroom with vanity sink. Two cosy twin bedrooms. Bathroom with roll-top bath and toilet. Shower room with large walk-in shower, double sinks and toilet. All double bedrooms with TV and seating area.
- Open fire – fuel included
- Full oil central heating included
- Additional travel cot and high chair
- Four Freeview TVs (one widescreen satellite)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Secluded walled garden with swings and furniture
- Games room for sole use of guests at KKU with pool table
- Fitness room with multi-gym and sauna
- Friday to Friday
- Electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Travel cot (included linen)
- Shared laundry room (coin-op)
- Sitting-out area with furniture
- Shared grounds of 20 acres, with grassed areas suitable for ball games and recreation, nature reserve and small lake (toddlers beware)
- Play area with swings, slide (for under 11s)
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool open all year round with changing facilities (30ft x 16ft 6in, depth 3ft 9in to 4ft 9in, open 8am-8pm)
- Shared games room with pool table (coin-op), table tennis, darts, arcade games and board games
- Tourist information available
- Welcome pack
- Cycle store
- NB: Small lake in grounds